Things to know about internships at Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties:
- Internships are 10-20 hours per week for two quarters/one semester
- Internships take place at our Camarillo Wish Center
- Internship positions are unpaid
- Internships are available in program services (wish granting), marketing, special events, volunteer management and communications
- Most internships will have extensive involvement with Raiser’s Edge, the leading tool in the non-profit world for volunteer and donor management. You will have many experiences as an intern that will prepare you for your future. Learning all you can about Raiser's Edge while you are with us may become one of the most marketable skills in a future job search in the non-profit world.
Those interested in an internship should send an e-mail to our volunteer coordinator. The volunteer coordinator will circulate your e-mail among our staff. If we see a possible match, we will ask you to come in for an interview and to start our volunteer application process, which includes an application, a background check and online orientation. Your email should include the following:
- A few paragraphs about your recent volunteer work and involvement in organizations highlighting any leadership roles
- Your desired internship area and your future profession
- Your degree program
- Proposed start month
- Attach a writing sample (a paper, website link, flyer or pamphlet you have created)
- If you have a resume, send that too, but don't make one just for us
- Highlight some of your skills. Skills that we often look for in interns include—experience with desktop publishing software and databases, great writing skills, social media site administrators, experience in public relations, great on the phone, great organizers and planners, leadership experiences within volunteer organization or school clubs, planners of fundraising events, self-starters who will do a great job on details.
There are currently no internships available.