Position Title: Director of Wishes
Reports to: CEO
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Job Location: Camarillo, CA
Position Summary: Make-A-Wish Tri-counites has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, caring, organized, and mission focused leader to serve as our Director of Wishes. This position is responsible for managing and growing the wish-granting program including but not limited to: granting wishes, managing the wish process and program, supervising volunteer program, managing medical outreach and community relations, administering program-related activities, and monitoring special situations.
- Supervise and support program staff and volunteer staff.
- Manage wish granting process by using Make-A-Wish Performance Standards, local policies, guidelines and procedures, staying current with all MAW policies and resources related to the wish-granting program.
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of wish management, including but not limited to: transportation, accommodations, services, medical approval, wish assist, liability forms, and itineraries.
- Monitor progress of all wishes and ensure wishes proceed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with health care professionals, volunteers and family members to ensure each wish proceeds in the best interest of the child.
- Coordinate and deliver program team meetings and trainings.
- Solicit and maintain in-kind support for wishes in alignment with program goals and needs.
- Develop and support the department wish strategy and goals.
- Prepare and maintain all wish-related reporting.
- Supervise and track program department annual budget.
- Process all wish paperwork: invoices, volunteer reimbursement forms, and expense reports.
- Train new wish granting staff and volunteers.
- Collaborate and strategize with staff to increase wish granting capacity.
- Deliver wish program presentations to the community to engage and further the mission.
- Contribute to and produce chapter newsletter, donor and volunteer communications
- Take after hours phone calls and act as 24-hour emergency liaison.
- Identify and resolve program issues affecting wish children, their families, and the Foundation.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree preferred in nonprofit program administration and management.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office application and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with a high level of trust and confidentiality.
- Display professionalism, excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability in clear and effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with, encourage and support a diverse constituency including children, adults, business and community members, volunteers, board and staff.
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing, unique or urgent situations.
Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties is a 501c3 serving Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties. The organization’s mission is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The Tri-Counties chapter has been in operation since 1985 and has granted over 1,500 local wishes. Each year, approximately 147 children in the region are diagnosed with a life threatening medical condition which makes them eligible for a wish experience and in 2016, Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties granted 97 wishes to local children.
Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume, cover letter and salary history to Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties at: email@example.com