- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the Make-A-Wish mission
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or a carwash
- Collect airline miles for wishes
- Host a toy drive
You can try one of these ideas or devise a project on your own!
Download a Kids For Wish Kids Packet for K-12th grade students and get started today! Contact Elizabeth Arellano, Development Coordinator with questions:
Elizabeth Arellano at (805) 676-9474 ext. 2
or by email: email@example.com
Students can also host a November Macy’s Believe letter writing Campaign. Macy’s invites believers of all ages to bring their letters to Santa to their local Macy’s, and for each letter received, Macy’s will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish, up to $1 million. Letters are written in November and delivered to a local Macy’s on Believe Day. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Believe Day packet.
Photo courtesy of Jeff Shewmon.