Here are some actual events hosted for Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties:
Download our Event Application Packet to get started.
- Chi O Casino - Cal Poly Chi Omega – San Luis Obispo
- PG&E Nuclear Challenge Golf Tournament – PG&E – Avila Beach
- Golf For Wishes – Santa Maria Valley Physical Therapy and Cleaner Cans - Santa Maria
- Cupcake Sale – Cupcakes for Cancer - Solvang
- Cruzin' for Life Car Show- Santa Maria
- Wine & Wishes - Ventura Wine Company – Ventura
- Over the Rainbow Ladies Who Do Lunch - Silent Auction - Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club - Oxnard
- Make-A-Wish Flavor - Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream Lab - San Luis Obispo area
- Treasure Hunt - Kiwanis Club of Thousand Oaks - Thousand Oaks
- Silent Auction, Quilt Raffle and Boutique - Moorpark Women's Fortnightly Club - Moorpark
- Gary Galloway Memorial Flag Football Game– Simi Valley
- Airline Mile Campaign - Acts of Kindness Club - River Oaks Academy Charter School - Westlake Village
Frequently Asked Questions about Fundraising:
Q. Who can host an event to benefit Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties?
A. Anyone! Any individual or group (employees of a corporation, school/university organization, religious group, etc.) can host an event as long as you have a signed sponsorship agreement from us.
Q. How do I get approval to host an event?
A. Once you have decided on what type of event you would like to host and when you would like to host it, the first step towards getting approval from the Make-A-Wish is to call (805) 826-1179.
Q. What kinds of events do people hold?
A. Individuals and groups hold all sorts of events from golf outings to bowl-a-thons, wine tastings, sports tournaments, motorcycle runs and more!
Q. Is there a minimum donation required to host a fundraiser?
A. There is no minimum amount required to host a fundraiser, but the amount of logistical support you can expect to receive from Make-A-Wish as well as the use of our trademarks and logo in your publicity and advertising materials will depend on the proceeds you anticipate making to the Chapter. We hope you will raise at least $2,000.
Q. I want to publicize this event through media outlets in my community. Is that allowed?
A. All publicity materials (posters, invitations, email announcements, press releases, etc.) need to be approved by Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties prior to print and distribution. This is so we can make sure that the terminology used to describe the mission of the organization and those we serve is correct.
Q. Can I solicit organizations, companies, stores, etc. outside of the Tri-Counties for donations, auction items or sponsorships for my event?
A. We ask that you refrain from soliciting organizations/companies/stores whose corporate offices are headquartered outside of the Tri-Counties area. This is due to the fact that there are many Make-A-Wish® chapters throughout the United States and we do not want to impede on the territories of other chapters, thus distracting them from their fundraising abilities.
Q. Can the Make-A-Wish help me get a celebrity to attend my event?
A. As wonderful as it would be to have a celebrity attend all of the events that take place to benefit the Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties, we reserve the contacting of celebrities for wish-granting purposes and making wishes come true.
Q. Where does the money raised at my event go?
A. The proceeds from your event go directly towards our mission of granting wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions here in the Tri-Counties.
For more information contact our office at (805) 826-1179.